Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 13th--People Make a Place

Since I was away for the closed water section of scuba class I had to make it up on this Monday. I was pleasantly reminded that it always the people that make a place what it is. Since we didn't have access to the pool at white sands my dive instructor,Punk called a friend of his in Las Cruces with a pool. It was a fantastic day. Phil's kids hung out in the pool so I had extra people to hang out with and work with as well as Phil and his wife being the most wonderful hosts. We spent about 4 hours total taking up their time and space to complete the items that I needed to participate in the following weekends dives. After I was sufficiently sunburned and tried Phil graciously agreed to make me fresh caught salmon from his trip two weeks before. YUM! So, when I say fresh I mean FRESH!
It was amazing! They were kind, generous and fun.
This journey keeps reminding me that there are kind and wonderful people in the world and that if your heart and mind are open you will find them. Or, more accurately, they will find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment